I am first and foremost a trancehead. My passion lies within the genre of EDM (Electronic Dance Music). I have been in the scene since my childhood, with my father being a DJ by night since 1997. My heart is trance, but I also enjoy house and ambient/chill out/electro tunes very much, with a bit of dubstep/hardcore here and there. I’m a complete Anjunabeats/Armada Music fan.
I also am a diehard Dream Theater fan, Jonsi fan, MCR vet, ex Tokio Hotel tween, Bon Iver and Coldplay fan, to name a few noteworthy past obsessions. I know a bunch of boy bands also - I’ve seen Panic!@thedisco, We The Kings (with others at Warped Tour 2010) and Taking Back Sunday live. I’ve also seen Kelly Clarkson (why you ask? I don’t really know) and Tori Amos (brilliant).
Shows I’ve been to so far (the list WILL be growing.. hard to attend shows before being 18):
Above & Beyond - Group Therapy Tour - January 25th, 2012 - The Webster, Hartford, CT
Kaskade - Freaks of Nature Tour - June 23rd, 2012 - The Comcast, Hartford, CT
Swedish House Mafia - One Last Tour - March 5th, 2013 - Barclay’s Center, NYC, NY
A State of Trance 600 - The Expedition Tour - March 30th, 2013 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY
In all, I’ve seen live:
- Randy Boyer
- Above & Beyond (Tony and Jono)
- Alvin Risk
- Swedish House Mafia
- Alex M.O.R.P.H.
- Ferry Corsten b2b Markus Schulz aka New World Punx
- Armin Van Buuren
I am a complete and utter addict to video games. Here are a small fraction that I played and loved.
- World of Warcraft - 7 year vet, still playing.
- Armory: Kylarose (current main) | Melarose (Wrath/Cata main)| Lianarose (Vanilla main) | Kitarose | Mikarose (current focus)
- League of Legends - Melarose, add me! I play this game the most right now.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Currently a beta tester and planning to purchase upon release.
Games that I’ve beat that I adored:
- Kingdom Hearts: 1 & 2
- Golden Sun: 1, 2 and 3
- Pokemon: all Gameboy/DS games up until Diamond
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Twilight Princess
- Harvest Moon: FOMT, the one for PS2 and the first for GC
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- I’m unreasonably good at: DDR, Guitar Hero/Rockband (guitar and some vocals)
along with many others that I can’t think of this very moment.
Slowly growing list of anime shows that I’ve seen (I typically refuse to watch English dubbed and prefer originals subbed):
- Naruto (completed)
- Naruto Shippuuden (caught up)
- Inuyasha (completed)
- Fairy Tail (eagerly awaiting after 175)
- Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (completed - recommended by Porter Robinson)
- Sword Art Online (completed)
- Buso Renkin (working on)
- Fullmetal Alchemist (completed)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (current focus)
I LOOOOVE getting anime recommendations! I prefer something romantic as a priority, with fantasy and/or action as a secondary must. Tear-jerkers prefered!
A bit about my current self:
My name’s Amanda, but I hate that name.
I’m 18 and I live in Connecticut, USA.
I absolutely hate living here, and I hope to move to Europe in the future.
I am a sophomore in college and graduated from a public high school, 17th in my class of 220.
I attend Southern Connnecticut State University on a full honors scholarship, majoring in Graphic Design.
I will forever be a Harry Potter/LOTR fan… and yes, I read/saw all of Twilight.
I’m a relatively new closet anime fan.
I’m not big on TV except for Game of Thrones, the Legend of Korra, I enjoyed Skins UK immensely. I’ll take any recommendations!
I don’t ever mind talking to new or old faces. If you’d like to know more, drop by my ask. :3